PHOENIX OFFICE: 3010 E. CACTUS RD., PHOENIX, AZ 85032
SUN CITY OFFICE: 10001 W. BELL RD., STE 123, SUN CITY, AZ 85351
Your routine oral exam and treatment appointments are enhanced by Panorex X-rays, which allow our dentist and team to take a comprehensive image of your smile. By utilizing Panorex traditional radiography in Phoenix and Sun City, Arizona, Dr. Joe Gerard can detect developing issues and recommend the best possible treatments for your smile. You are welcome to contact our office at 602-910-3860 to learn more about our technology and schedule a visit to Arizona Dental.
In order to provide you with the best possible dental care, it is essential that our dentist is able to accurately evaluate and diagnose your oral health. One of the state-of-the-art tools we use to do that is panoramic X-rays. While standard X-rays, called bitewing X-rays, provide us with a view of a few teeth and the supporting bone structure, panoramic X-rays allow us to view the full upper and lower dental arches – including all of the teeth, upper and lower jawbones, and the surrounding facial structures. Using panoramic X-rays, our dentist is able to:
- Assess the need for orthodontics and evaluate the progress of treatment
- Diagnose impacted wisdom teeth and other impacted teeth
- Analyze the development of periodontal disease
- Evaluate the TMJ (jaw joint) and diagnose a TMJ disorder
- Detect oral cancer
- Plan dental implant placement
- Diagnose cavities (tooth decay) and other dental problems
- Evaluate the extent of dental and/or facial trauma
- Detect abscesses, cysts, and tumors
Using the panoramic X-ray machine is fast and comfortable. The machine simply rotates around your head and provides our dentist with high-definition, nearly instantaneous images that we can then use to evaluate your oral health. We invite you to call or visit us today to learn more about panoramic X-rays.